The Four Key Commitments Of Our Church
Below is a brief summary of our beliefs:
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
- There is only one true and living God existing in three persons: The Father, The Son & The Holy Spirit.
- God is the sovereign King of all, exercising both his grace and his justice in accordance with his perfect will.
- Mankind was made in the image of God, that we might have fellowship with him, do his will, and reflect his love and goodness.
- Our sin breaks our fellowship with God and is the source and cause of all evil in the world. Sin brings all of humanity under God’s just judgment.
- Through his divine nature and authority, his sinless life, and his death and resurrection, Jesus is redeeming the world by forgiving the sins of all who believe in him and turn from a life of rebellion. Jesus restores us to right relationship with God the Father, and leads us to follow and obey him by faith.
- Therefore, Jesus is the only one who can save and rescue us from the judgment to come. The gospel announces this good news and calls all people to repent of sin and to trust in Jesus as their only Lord and their only Savior.
- True local churches consist of those who have been born again by the Holy Spirit as evidenced by faith in Christ and repentance from sin. Churches are called to minister and share the good news of Jesus to the whole world.
- Jesus will return, whereupon all people will be judged. Those that have trusted in him and repented of sin will enter into eternal life and reward. Those who have rejected him will enter into eternal punishment. On that day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
For a more detailed summary of our beliefs, please click on the confessions of faith listed below:
The New Hampshire Confession, 1833
The Baptist Faith & Message, 2000